NDIS at TSH
What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provides access to funding for people with disabilities (or their parents/carers) so they can access “reasonable and necessary” supports based on their needs from a provider(s) they also choose.
Given the trials conducted about the NDIS there are two very similar schemes based on the same principles. The information below is based on the NDIS to be rolled out in WA (often referred to as the WANDIS).
According to the WA Government, it is a way of working with people with disability that supports them to:
- identify their strengths and needs, plus any goals or aspirations they would like to start working towards, and capture these elements in their WA NDIS plan
- explore pathways and strategies to reach the goals outlined in their plan
- choose the supports and services that best suit their needs
- develop stronger links with their local community
- build on natural supports such as friendships, neighbours and local community groups.
Is Telethon Speech & Hearing Registered as an NDIS Provider?
Yes. Telethon Speech and Hearing can provide Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Psychology and Audiology services.
What Telethon Speech & Hearing Services Can be Covered under the NDIS?
Depending on your child’s eligibility parts or all of Telethon Speech & Hearing programs may be covered under the NDIS, including:
- Talkabout (therapy components of the program only)
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
Where Can I Find More Information?
The best place to go for information on the NDIS in WA is the WA Government’s Disability Services website.
At Telethon Speech and Hearing we have also drafted a simple “Frequently Asked Questions” document that can found here and at the bottom of this page.
How Can I Access the NDIS For My Child?
Just tell us if you are seeking to access the NDIS. We have specific members of the Telethon Speech & Hearing team who can guide you through the process.
Who at Telethon Speech & Hearing Can I Talk to?
If you are interested in the services provided by Telethon Speech & Hearing, please contact us on (08) 9387 9888 or email us to discuss how we can best support your child and family through the NDIS.
Telethon Speech & Hearing and the NDIS Information Sheets
Information sheets with frequently asked questions are currently available for the following services at Telethon Speech & Hearing:
- Telethon Speech & Hearing and the NDIS – General Queries
- Telethon Speech & Hearing’s Talkabout Program
- Telethon Speech & Hearing’s Chatterbox Program (coming soon)