Audiology Services in Perth, WA
Audiology Services for the Hearing Impaired
Audiology is the study of hearing, balance and related disorders.
Audiologists are university trained professionals who undertake a range of roles including:
- Paediatric testing for newborns through to teenagers
- Providing clinical support to our hearing screeners and other professional staff
- Providing general information to families about hearing and hearing impairment
- Providing rehabilitation to hearing impaired children, including assisting with devices such as hearing aids and cochlear implants.
Could I have hearing loss?
You could have hearing loss if you:
- Often ask people to repeat themselves
- Turn up the volume of the radio or television
- Have difficulty following conversations in noisy places
- Have difficulty in understanding what is said over the phone
- Have a ringing sensation in the ear (tinnitus)
- Have problem in hearing sounds like doorbell, alarm or a telephone ringing
- Are told by people that you speak loudly
If I’m not sure about my hearing, what should I do?
Check your hearing! Get your hearing tested (audiometry) by a professional like Telethon Speech & Hearing. A hearing test is easy, pain free and doesn’t take long. Make sure you get it done as soon as possible. You can request an appointment with us online or call 9387 9888. There is no referral needed to see one of our audiologists.