Diagnosed With Hearing Loss
Telethon Speech & Hearing offers two programs to help children diagnosed with hearing loss.
Early Intervention Program
Telethon Speech & Hearing offers an early intervention program that supports children aged 0-5 years with a permanent hearing loss to learn to listen and speak to reach their full potential.
- A family centred program that connects families through our groups.
- Families will have access to individual therapy with Speech Pathologists, Auditory Verbal Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Audiologists and Psychologists all in the one location.
- These sessions are designed to provide you as a parent with the skills to support your child to reach their full potential.
- TSH can help your family prepare for their planning meeting so that you can be the best advocate for your child.
- The early intervention program has groups to meet other families and individual therapy sessions.
Although newborn hearing screenings can detect hearing loss at birth, hearing loss can occur at any age. If you have concerns about your child’s hearing or language development contact us for an assessment. To find out more or to discuss how we can support your child and family.
School Support Program
TSH runs a comprehensive in school support program for students with hearing loss from kindergarten to Year 12 at our partner primary and secondary schools.
The program is designed for students who use oral communication, and provides support to maximise their active participation in mainstream schools.
The program is delivered at nine partner mainstream schools.
In each school, our support program is staffed by an outstanding multidisciplinary team of professionals to ensure students have the highest level of specialist assistance and advice.
Our multi-disciplinary team includes:
Teachers of the Deaf, Speech Pathologists, Psychologists, Audiologists, Occupational Therapists, Notetakers and Educational Assistants.
Our team demonstrate the principles of professional collaboration and exemplary instructional practice. Students have full access to the school curriculum in each location and may graduate to a full range of post-school options including TAFE, University, VET, and other pathways.