28 February, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
To create a conversation about hearing loss and how it impacts different parts of our community, the Deafness Council of WA is running “You Can Ask That” on 3 March 2022.
Celebrating World Hearing Day, “You Can Ask That” provides a unique and interesting forum for all members of our community to hear from people who have had an experience with hearing loss, either themselves, as carers, and/or as parents.
It will also provide the opportunity for people to ask questions of experts in the field who will give an unbiased advice and information about what people can do for themselves or their loved ones.
To register for this free webinar event, please click on the Eventbrite link below.
About World Hearing Day
World Hearing Day
World Hearing Day is held on 3 March each year to raise awareness on how to prevent deafness and hearing loss and promote ear and hearing care across the world.
This year, the theme presented by the World Health Organisation (WHO) is ‘to hear for life, listen with care‘. By promoting #safelistening, we can all protect our ears.
- Hearing loss is costing Australia $15 billion a year in health system costs and lost productivity
- Hearing loss affects 70% of people over the age of 70 and it has a huge impact on the quality of life
- It is more common than heart disease, cancer and diabetes
- 500,000 hearing aids are bought every year in Australia
- 10,000 people whose first language is Auslan cannot be left behind and deserve better access to education, jobs & community life
Date: 28 February, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm