28 February, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
About World Hearing Day
World Hearing Day
World Hearing Day is held on 3 March each year to raise awareness on how to prevent deafness and hearing loss and promote ear and hearing care across the world.
This year, the theme presented by the World Health Organisation (WHO) is ‘to hear for life, listen with care‘. By promoting #safelistening, we can all protect our ears.
- Hearing loss is costing Australia $15 billion a year in health system costs and lost productivity
- Hearing loss affects 70% of people over the age of 70 and it has a huge impact on the quality of life
- It is more common than heart disease, cancer and diabetes
- 500,000 hearing aids are bought every year in Australia
- 10,000 people whose first language is Auslan cannot be left behind and deserve better access to education, jobs & community life
Date: 28 February, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm