Telethon Speech & Hearing’s Chatterbox ‘Skills for School‘ program provides early intervention for children with hearing loss, aged 4 to 5 years old.
Complementing their mainstream Kindy education, children attend one full day of learning activities every week.
Individual attention and support is given to all students, to help them:
- Continue extending their language and communication with the support of our Speech Pathologist, focusing on social skills, oral language skills, comprehension and problem-solving skills.
- Develop co-operative and imaginative play.
- Introduce activities to develop phonological awareness.
- Develop students’ narrative sills across a range of contexts.
- Continue to develop fine and gross motor skills with targeted activities set up by our Occupational Therapist.
- Incorporate listening activities using music, group games and other activities.
- Provide audiology support with regular ear health checks and tympanometry.
The benefits to you!
- On-site specialists including an Audiologist, Speech Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and Psychologist to support all areas of your child’s development.
- Chatterbox is Australian Curriculum compliant, with classes run by an Early Childhood Teacher.
- Small class sizes, with numbers capped at 10 students.
- TSH is a registered NDIS provider and can help your family through the NDIS.
Enrol today for 2019 and give your child the best start to school!
Chatterbox ‘Skills for School’ supports children with hearing loss to develop: social skills, oral language, problem-solving, phonological awareness, motor skills, listening, comprehension and co-operative play.
Click here for more information about our Chatterbox program, or get started with enrolments today! Simply call 9387 9888 or email email@example.com.