April 1, 2018
At Telethon Speech & Hearing we help children and adults with hearing, speech or language impairments to communicate.
Our multi-disciplinary approach provides families with all the services they may need in one location
Learn more about our services and what we do by watching the video below:
Originating in 1966, Telethon Speech & Hearing began with a group of parents, who had great hopes for the future of their profoundly deaf children and refused to settle for what they thought was “second-best”.
These parents decided to start a school of their own. With five students, no premises, little money and no experience, they made a commitment to pursue the very best oral education for their children. The following year they started The Speech & Hearing Centre for Children WA Inc., and a registered school officially opened on 6th February 1967.
Today known as Telethon Speech & Hearing, our centre has grown since these humble beginnings and is the only place in WA that provides education, therapy and audiology services all in one location.
As experts in our field, we excel in bringing together services to support children and families to speak, hear, connect and learn in ways that empower them to live fulfilling lives.
Our core services include:
- A specially designed speech and language program for children aged 2-7 who have speech and language delays
- An early intervention program that helps children aged 0-5 with a hearing loss learn how to speak using group
and one-on-one therapy sessions.
- A comprehensive in-school support program for students with hearing loss from kindergarten to Year 12 at our partner primary and secondary schools.
- Paediatric audiology services.
- Speech pathology services.
Telethon Speech & Hearing is a Registered NDIS Provider and can help eligible children and families through the NDIS.
Call (08) 9387 9888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can best support your child and family.