Enjoy a career with purpose helping families across WA
At Telethon Speech & Hearing, you will find an environment that is welcoming, inclusive, supportive and fun, where our employees take pride in the work they undertake, the relationships that they build and the difference they make in the lives of the children and families we support.
We strive to be experts in our field and want the very best people to join us to ensure we deliver the highest level of service to the children and families who access our services.
We employ a range of different positions in our School Based Programs, Hearing Services Department, Private Therapy Clinics and back of house support services.
Our Programs and Positions
Our programs at Telethon Speech & Hearing include:
- Chatterbox: an early intervention program for children with a hearing loss
- Talkabout: an early intervention program for children with speech and language delays or disorders
- Language Support Groups: an extension to our Talkabout program, providing a literacy focus for primary school-aged children in Years 1-3
- Outpost School Support: a school support program located in mainstream settings at various Catholic and Independent schools in the Perth metropolitan area.
- Hearing Services: TSH’s audiological services for children and adults through our audiological clinics and internal TSH support
- Ear Health: Operating in the Pilbara, Wheatbelt and Cockburn our ear health programs is an integrated approach from screening to audiology to primary health and surgical supports for children suffering from otitis media
- Therapy Clinics: Providing one-on-one support in the areas of speech therapy and occupational therapy for children
Our employees often work across our programs, giving opportunity for additional skill and career development, role variety as well as knowledge transfer.
Our positions within our programs include:
- Speech Pathologists
- Occupational Therapists
- Auditory Verbal Therapists
- Family Liaison Officer
- Teachers including Teachers of the Deaf
- Education Assistants and Notetakers
- Ear Health Program roles
- Support roles in areas such as finance, facilities, IT, HR, marketing and external relations, NDIS support, research, venue hire and administration
Our programs and position are primarily based in our Wembley Centre. We also have employment opportunities within our Cockburn Clinic, Pilbara Office and Outpost Schools.
Working With Us
We are looking for passionate and nurturing people who will be committed to our purpose and share our values, as well as support our child safety practices.
Being a Child Safe Organisation, we are committed to providing a child safe environment and promoting practices which provide for the safety, wellbeing and welfare of our children, clients and families. Prospective employees are assessed against their ability to support and maintain a child safe environment. In addition, all Telethon Speech & Hearing employees and volunteers are required to have a current Working with Children Check and Police Clearance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
As well as having a career with a purpose, employees at Telethon Speech & Hearing have access to a great range of employee benefits including:
- A competitive remuneration package including access to salary packaging
- Generous Annual Leave and Long Service Leave benefits
- Flexible work arrangements
- Free onsite parking at our Wembley Centre
- Paid parental leave
- An employee assistance program
- An ongoing commitment to employee professional development
- A nurturing and inclusive workplace environment
- The opportunity to work within a multi-disciplinary team of passionate professionals
- An active employee social club
If you have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of children and their families, please take the opportunity to review our current vacancies.
For information on volunteering with Telethon Speech & Hearing, please review our volunteering page.