Outpost – Hearing Program
Telethon Speech & Hearing run School Support programs (Outpost) for hearing impaired students at a network of ten primary and secondary schools around Perth.
The School Support program allows hearing impaired students to take a full and active part in mainstream school life. Students attend mainstream classes whilst receiving support and individual assistance at the same time to ensure they do not fall behind.
Individual assistance may include extra language, speech, auditory, social/emotional and academic support tailored to individual needs.
A team of support staff work closely with teachers and students to ensure that the child is fully supported. The team includes teachers of the deaf, education assistants, audiologist, psychologist, speech pathologist, and notetakers in the high schools. Telethon Speech & Hearing teachers, teacher assistants and notetakers are based in each school and the programs are run in partnership with the mainstream schools.
Our current list of Outpost schools include:
- Aquinas College, Salter Point – www.aquinas.wa.edu.au
- John Wollaston Anglican Community School, Camillo – www.jwacs.wa.edu.au
- Mel Maria Catholic Primary School, Attadale – www.melmaria.wa.edu.au
- Newman College, Churchlands – www.newman.wa.edu.au
- Servite College, Tuart Hill – www.servite.wa.edu.au
- St Brigid’s College, Lesmurdie – www.stbrigids.wa.edu.au
- St Luke’s Catholic Primary School, Woodvale – www.stlukeswoodvale.wa.edu.au
- St Pius X Catholic Primary School, Manning – www.stpiusx.wa.edu.au
- St Stephen’s School, Carramar – www.ststephens.wa.edu.au
- Mazenod College, Lesmurdie – www.mazenod.wa.edu.au